SJHA Sports Camp
Greetings Basketball Campers!
Here are the Daily COVID Basketball Camp Screening links for the week of July 19, 2021.
These links are only for those registered for our Basketball Camp and must be filled out daily. Please do not fill out in advance.
Monday, July 19,2021
Tuesday, July 20,2021
Wednesday, July 21,2021
Thursday, July 22,2021
Friday, July 23,2021
- Full Day Camp for Grades 5-9 (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Half Day Camp for Grades K-1 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
- Full Day Camp for Grades 2-9 (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Half Day Camp for Grades K-2 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
- Full Day Camp for Grades 3-9 (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Full Day Camp for Grades K-8 (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
The SJHA soccer camp is designed to get all participants moving, running, stretching and understanding the game of soccer. Our soccer training program, which will be implemented by Coach John Liantonio, is designed to help develop the skills, the footwork and ball handling skills needed in order to dominate the game of soccer. Coach Liantonio and his team of instructional coaches will be working with students individually and on a group basis. Read more here.
This year SJHA will be offering an opportunity to work with NXT LVL Basketball Training. NXT LVL Basketball Training camp is designed to get all participants moving, running, stretching and understanding the game of basketball. NXT LVL Sports is run by Connor Nicholson and with his team of professional trainers they will help develop your child’s basketball skills, hand eye coordination and ball handling skills. Along with Connor Nicholson and his trainers, he brings with him Gerard Nicholson, who has been involved with Basketball across Staten Island for over 30 years! Read more here.
The SJHA Cheer Camp is designed to develop confidence, skills and teamwork for girls in grades K-8. Our Cheerleading Camp is a dynamic fun filled program combining dance, jumps, tosses, cheers and chants for campers. Our camp curriculum, developed by our Cheer Director, Ms. DeAngelis, is designed to ignite school spirit and develop motivation and leadership. Our instructors will work with students individually and in groups to help campers hone their cheerleading strengths, skills, and ability to work well in groups, in a safe and fun environment! Read more here.
Additional Sports Camp Details
Participants should come to camp in proper running attire. T-Shirts, comfortable shorts, running shoes, stretch/yoga pants, and athletic shorts may be worn. You can purchase attire/equipment Amazon.com, DicksSportingGoods.com or Eastbay.com.
Food & Drink:
It is highly encouraged to eat a healthy breakfast before camp starts. Please bring a filled water bottle, a hearty snack and lunch to camp daily. (LUNCH will not be provided). Half day campers only need a snack they do not need lunch.
- SJHA School rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- All campers will practice good sportsmanship including encouragement, patience and understanding of other campers’ skill levels and backgrounds.
SJHA Sports Camps will adhere to all guidelines and policies for NYC Summer Camps as mandated by outlined by the NYS Department of Education and/or the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Participants must arrive with a mask on and adhere to a temperature check. Any camper with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter.
- All of your child’s belongings (shoes, water bottles, hand sanitizer) must be placed inside a gym/duffel bag, labeled with your child’s name.
- Once we are ready to begin, campers will be divided into socially-distanced groups with multiple instructors based on age.
- Each day a daily COVID screening (mandatory health screening assessment) MUST be submitted for each camper through the links provided by SJHA.