Aftercare Program 2023-2024
St. Joseph Hill Academy Elementary provides parents with the flexibility of a safe environment for their children both before and after school hours.
Our Aftercare program gives students the opportunity to complete their homework assignments with assistance. When homework is complete, students can relax, watch a movie, play board games or read a good book.
Hours of Operation: All children MUST be picked up by an authorized adult by 5:30 pm.
- Days of regular dismissal aftercare will operate 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
- Unless otherwise noted, half day dismissal aftercare will operate – 11:30 am – 5:30 pm
Payment: All fees for the Aftercare Program will be through FACTS Management.
Rates: All children must pay a $30 registration fee upon registration. (Through FACTS)
- $25.00 if signed up by August 15, 2023
- $30.00 for the first hour if signed up after August 15, 2023
- $25.00 additional hours
Annual Rate per child: $ 5,000.00
Annual Rate for 2 or more children: $ 6,000.00
Program Schedule and Rules:
- Activities will include homework time, nut free snack time and activities.
- No child will be allowed to have their phone out for any reason. If a parent needs to contact their child, they may call the school phone #’s.
- Each child should bring a drink and a nut free snack each day. Please no candy or soda.
- If your child requires an Epipen or inhaler, one must be provided.
- Please label all of your child’s belongings clearly.
- No Electronic Games or devices are allowed.
If you are going to be late, please call 718-981-1187 ext. 9502. If you are consistently late, this will result in expulsion from the aftercare program.
Mrs. Kelly and the aftercare staff recognize how important an aftercare program is to our working parents. We feel appropriate behavior by each child will make the aftercare experience more enjoyable for both your child and all children enrolled in the program.
Inappropriate or unacceptable behavior will lead to your child being given a demerit. A demerit indicates that your child will not be allowed to attend aftercare for one session. A second offense will result in a week suspension from the program. A third demerit will result in expulsion from the Aftercare program.
Pick up and Dismissal:
- Children may be picked up at any time during the program hours by a parent, guardian or other pre-authorized adult. All persons picking up MUST be listed on the aftercare registration form. We ask that emergency contacts listed must reside on Staten Island.
- Each child must be signed out from the attendance log before being released from the program.
- Students can be picked up:
- Grades 1st – 8th – at the cafeteria
- Kindergarten, Pre K 3 and 4 students at the Pre K building.
Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK OR BLOCK ANY FIRE EXITS. Fines issued to the school will be the responsibility of the driver.
If you have any questions, email Mrs. Diane Kelly, Aftercare Director: [email protected]