SJHA Mission and Beliefs
The mission of St. Joseph Hill Academy, a Roman Catholic elementary school founded by the Daughters of Divine Charity, is to make God’s love visible in the world by empowering our students with a rigorous education rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ where Catholic doctrine and values prepare each student for a life of faith, service, and openness to life-long learning.
- All persons are created in the image and likeness of God.
- Each person possesses unique God given talents and abilities to be shared for the good of all.
- Children learn best in a respectful, safe, and nurturing environment.
- All students can achieve and become life-long learners.
- Teachers must model and children must interact with compassion, respect and integrity.
PROFILE OF GRADUATES
Graduates of St. Joseph Hill Academy will:
- Know Christ and use that knowledge to develop a life of prayer.
- Continue to grow in the formation of their faith and conscience based on Gospel values.
- Continue to grow in a sense of responsibility to share their God-given talents, their time, their leadership abilities, and resources with family, school, church and broader communities.
- Demonstrate their ability to apply the knowledge they have learned to think critically, and communicate effectively in a variety of ways.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the visual and performing arts.
- Maintain openness to being a life-long learner by seeking ways to broaden their knowledge and skill set.