Pre-Kindergarten (3 & 4)
SJHA's Pre-Kindergarten for three- and four-year-old students is a traditional academic setting filled with joy and exploration. We lay the foundation for a lifelong love of learning, all set in a Catholic environment. Our Pre-K students are learning through play and fostering healthy habits. There are three-day, five-day, and extended day programs to fit every family's schedule.
SJHA’s Pre-K is modeled on center-based play, where each center provides a different educational focus that inspires hands-on learning in an organized way. The centers stimulate growth and accelerate social-emotional learning. Students develop fine and gross motor skills and self-help skills that build independence and confidence. We help our students learn how to take care of themselves and each other. Our curriculum and activities uniquely provide them with academic and social readiness for Kindergarten. SJHA's Frog Street Curriculum celebrates the joy of learning while children travel down the road to success.
SJHA Pre-K Schedule Options
- Three full days
- Five full days
- Extended day programs
All parents have the opportunity to download the mobile app, School Rush, where teachers publish classroom events and messages with pictures on a daily basis.
We have three grades on a grade-level!
Student to Teacher and Teacher’s Aide Ratio
- Pre-K 3: 12:1:1
- Pre-K 4: 12:1:1
The SJHA Preschool Program lays the foundation for a lifelong love of learning with a focus on providing students with academic and social readiness for Kindergarten.
SJHA Pre-K 3 Program
- Transitions from home to school
- Develops early literacy skills
- Introduces basic math concepts
- Instills independence and confidence
- Encourages oral communication
- Promotes team building through group discussions and activities
- Teaches sharing and socialization skills
SJHA Pre-K 4 Program
- Teaches a progressive curriculum that enhances a Pre-K student's creative thinking, imagination, and problem-solving abilities
- Integrates technology in learning including interactive Smartboards
- Promotes self-confidence through daily routines and activities
- Provides specialized instruction in physical education, art, music, Spanish, and dance classes
- Ensures a seamless transition from Pre-K to Kindergarten
SJHA Pre-K is very excited to introduce the Frog Street Curriculum. This engaging interactive curriculum program celebrates the joy of learning while children travel down the road to success. Some of the learning activities will be socialization and communication skills. Academic skills will focus on Math, Phonics, Early Literacy, and Religion. We will have Creative Arts, Music and Movement activities. Children will participate in group projects, discussions, and many learning games.
We will have practice activities in centers. We also learn the alphabet, the sounds, and the numbers through various types of experiences and the Letter People Preschool Program. Most importantly the children will learn to socialize and be a part of the group. They will learn to take turns, and share and work cooperatively together.
The SJHA Pre-Kindergarten Program provides a fun calendar of Special Events that the students both thoroughly enjoy and also learn from:
- Superhero Day to learn the letter “S” (Pre-K 4 only)
- Literary Character Day
- Decades Day
- 100 Days of School Celebration
- Dr. Seuss and Read Across America Day
- Comfy Cozy Day
- Favorite Color Day
- Show & Tell: Family History Day
- STEM Activity Day
- Christmas Tree Lighting
- Wacky Hat Day
- Halloween Parade
- Mini Walk for Breast Cancer